Nicholas L. Palazzo
- Cell: 267 767 5218
- Email: Npalazzo@DefinoLawyers.com
My name is Nick Palazzo and I am a Philadelphia Trial Lawyer. When I first began practicing law I quickly realized that “there is no fight too big and no case too small”. Everyone deserves his or her day in court.
I strive to return big results for the underdog. I confidently and aggressively represented my clients in over twenty five jury trials, countless arbitrations, and have collected millions of dollars in settlements for my clients.
I was one of the youngest attorneys in Pennsylvania to obtain a ; and I was also one of the youngest attorneys in Pennsylvania to obtain a jury verdict for damages in excess of one million dollars (2013 Philadelphia County). That verdict ranked as one of the top 40 verdicts in PA for the year 2013.
I was born and raised in South Philadelphia and grew up in the shadows of Veterans’ stadium. Our law firm is just steps away and is currently on South Broad Street. At DeFino Law Associates, we will make sure you “Don’t Get Bullied” by the insurance companies or the criminal justice system.
Let me fight for you.
Call me for any legal needs at 267 767 5218 and speak directly with me.
SUPER LAWYER RISING STAR
Mr. Palazzo has been voted as a member of the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star List for three consecutive years (2017, 2018, and 2019). Rising Star status is reserved for the top attorneys under age 40 in PA. Attorneys are nominated and then voted on by other PA attorneys. Only 2.5% of all attorneys in in the Commonwealth of PA are given the prestigious honor of “Rising Star” and Mr. Palazzo has reached this status for three years in a row.
Some proud victories:
- $1.2 million dollar verdict for a 15 year old girl who suffered a laceration resulting in a 3 inch scar above her knee. She injured her knee while riding her bicycle alongside a building with a protruding fire department standpipe. The offer pre trial was only $25,000 as the defense argued that the plaintiff was not entitled to recover because she was illegally riding her bicycle on the sidewalk. Mr. Palazzo proved the jury that the girl’s young age made her negligence excusable in comparison to the premises owner who allowed the dangerous condition to exist for an extended period of time. This was one of the top 40 verdicts in the state of PA for that year.
- $750,000.00 for an aggravation injury for a client who had already previously suffered from similar injury for over ten years prior to the accident. The injury occurred from a slip on ice due to a defective roofing system. Mr. Palazzo was able to recover hidden evidence that suggested that the defense was delaying repairs to the facility for over a four year period for financial gain.
- $250,000 verdict for woman who had a knee injury in a rear end auto accident. There were minimal 4 figure offers in the case pre trial because the defendants (insured by Statefarm and Allstate) argued that the accident was too minor to cause the injury and that the Plaintiff didn’t seek out medical attention for over four months. The Jury disagreed.
- $500,000 settlement for injured moped driver against a Church who was operating a van and in Philadelphia for a missionary event. The Defense refused to negotiate in good faith initially because the Plaintiff was allegedly intoxicated and the Defendant was a Church. Mr. Palazzo was able to convince a the Court to negotiate a settlement for the Plaintiff who suffered a scar on his face from the accident despite the difficult liability and the sympathetic defendants.
- Not guilty verdict for a 19 year old defendant charged with first degree murder and facing a life sentence. The Defendant gave statements to the police about his involvement in causing the death of the student; but Mr. Palazzo argued that the police never fully recorded the entire statement and although he did admit that he caused her death, there was insufficient evidence to convict him of intentionally killing his ex girlfriend. The Jury found the Defendant not guilty of first degree murder.
- $450,000 settlement for man who struck his head in a restroom stall when the handicapped railing collapsed. The man sustained a head injury, with post concussion syndrome and aggravation of pre existing injuries but had minimal treatment beyond pain and headache medication.
- Delaware (Widener University) School of Law — Graduate 2010 — Cum Laude
- Pennsylvania State University — B.S. Economics — Graduate 2007
- St. John Neumann High School — Graduate 2003
- New Jersey
- Eastern District of PA — Federal Court Admission
- Western District of PA — Federal Court Admission
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers’ Division
- South Philadelphia Business Association
- Member and scholarship recipient of the Philadelphia Justinian Society.
- Member of the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
- Proud member of The Jacks New Year’s Brigade #1 2019