Even with your undivided attention, sometimes an auto accident can be unavoidable. If you have been involved in a car accident as the result of another person’s reckless behavior, we here at DeFino Law Associates will help you collect the compensation you deserve.

Just knowing what your auto insurance will cover can be confusing. We’re here to answer your policy questions, Please Call us at (215) 551 9099.

At DeFino Law Associates we handle every type of auto accident including but not limited to:

  • fatal accidents
  • Septa Accidents
  • limited tort
  • full tort
  • rear end
  • intersectional accidents
  • pedestrian accidents
  • bike accidents
  • hit and run accidents


The most important consideration in almost every auto accident case is always about INSURANCE.  You MUST understand the type of insurance coverage you have and also the insurance coverage the other party involved in the accident has; as both can effect how much you can recover.


When you select your insurance your insurance agent will give you the option of FULL TORT or LIMITED TORT.  This is not the same as full coverage.  “Full coverage” has to do with your ability to protect your car whereas “Full Tort” has to do with protecting your BODY if it is injured.   If you choose full tort, your lawsuit or claim for injuries will be much more successful whereas, if you have limited tort, you will have a higher burden of proof in court.

DeFino Law Associates WANTS YOUR CASE REGARDLESS of whether your elected full tort or limited tort.  However, we do hope you follow our advice and select full tort moving forward as this option will more adequately protect yourself and your family.


This is another type of coverage that YOU MUST HAVE in order to adequately protect yourself and your family.  This type of coverage protects you (or your resident family member) by allowing you to be compensated from your own insurance company in the event that the person who caused the accident is either (a) uninsured or (b) underinsured.

If the person who caused the accident is either uninsured or underinsured (meaning the amount of insurance they have is not enough to compensate you for your injuries) then you can still get compensated for your injuries fully by making an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim.

If you do not have this type of coverage, but the person who caused the accident does not have any assets, then you may be limited to the amount of insurance they have and only that amount.  This is why it is essential that you obtain a large uninsured/underinsured motorist policy for you and your family.