Ben practices in general civil litigation and criminal defense, and has successfully represented Plaintiffs, civil and criminal Defendants in arbitrations, binding arbitrations, and jury trials in Philadelphia and throughout the surrounding counties. He has also litigated appeals in the Pennsylvania Superior Court and Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Ben has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Premises liability, slip/trip-and-fall accidents
- Civil rights and prisoner litigation including medical neglect, excessive force, malicious prosecution, and state-created danger
- Criminal defense (drug offenses, assault, DUI, firearms offenses, etc.)
- Medical/nursing malpractice
- Motor vehicle accidents (third-party liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits)
- Breach of contract and small business representation
- Landlord/tenant disputes
- Property forfeiture
- Property code violations
- Firearms permits
- Traffic offenses
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
Prior to joining DeFino Law Associates, Ben completed a Drexel University co-op placement with Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC in their Corporate Finance and Business Litigation departments, and a clerkship with Koller Law PC in Plaintiff’s civil rights and employment litigation. He was also a founding member of the fellowship program at Keiretsu Forum Mid-Atlantic, performing due diligence evaluations of growth-stage companies for private investment.
Ben graduated cum laude from the Drexel University College of Law with a concentration in Business and Entrepreneurship, after receiving his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Public Administration from Bloomsburg University. Ben lives in Graduate Hospital with his wife, who runs her own personal training business.